Student ASID Chapter
The American Society of Interior Design (ASID) membership includes more than 12,000 students of interior design. ASID has student chapters at colleges, universities, and design schools with 2-year and 4-year programs throughout the U.S.
The MSU Student Chapter has won numerous awards for outstanding student chapter. www.facebook.com/groups/asid
Benefits of membership in the student organization include the following:
- ASID ICON - The Society's quarterly magazine informs students of cutting edge design research and business trends, along with key national and chapter issues. ASID ICON is mailed to all ASID members.
- ACCESS - This student-written newsletter is published three times per year and sent to all student members and other design professionals.
- Scholarships - National scholarship competitions are sponsored by the ASID Foundation. The scholarships include the Joel Polsky Prize and the Joel Polsky Academic Achievement Award, the Yale R. Burge Competition, Mabelle Wilhelmina Boldt Memorial Scholarship, the Irene Winifred Eno Grant, and the Dora Brahms Award for Historic Preservation. Visit the ASID Foundation website for more information and entry forms, or contact the Education department.
- ASID chapter events, seminars, workshops, STEP programs, CEUs and competitions - These programs provide the opportunity to interact with professional designers and expand your knowledge of the professional aspects of interior design.
- Career Days - ASID professional chapters provide an introduction to the many career options open to interior design students.
- Student Advisory Council - The Student Advisory Council (SAC) is a forum for governing and programming development. It is composed of three students, an educator, an industry representative, and a member of the Chapter Support Team who organize and coordinate programs on the national level. The SAC also serves the student chapters to ensure effective communication throughout the school year.
- Student representation -A student representative is mandated by chapter bylaws to be a voting member of each professional chapter's board. This gives student representation on the chapter level and allows for input in student and chapter programming.
- Membership card - This card is mailed from ASID headquarters after the application process is completed and can be used for design center admission, some design competitions, chapter program discounts, and more.
- ASID Online - The Student Center of the ASID website has information created especially for student members. In addition, student members have access to the Membership Directory, Industry Partner directory, discussion boards, Capitol Connections, and other features and services.
- Advancement Discounts - Upon graduation, discounts for allied membership are offered to student chapter members and student corresponding members, which include partial waivers of membership dues.